Sunday 15 October 2017

A Bracelet for Madame De Pompadour - Art Bead October Challenge


I love the monthly challenge over at Art Beads Scene Studio even though I have only taken part once so far. Checking this month's painting inspiration, I loved it straight away - Madame De Pompadour by Francois Boucher, dated 1756 and created in oil on canvas. I like the sumptuousness of the dress and the shades of teal and pink and I instantly thought that I could use the below pendant connector for which I printed a mini image of my original painting 'Daisies and Friends'. 



Here is an image collage with the colour palette and the chosen beads: dusty pink ceramic beads, blue glass beads and sparkling grey beads to add a touch of sophistication inspired by the image. You can easily see which colours I am using from the palette. 


And here is the finished bracelet now available here




14 comments:

  1. Such pretty colours!
    #handmadeMonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful! I love the colour combination. x

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I enjoyed making it and choosing the colours and the beads :).

      Delete
  2. this is very pretty! job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. Like those rose-beads very much! Lovely pendant too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, love what you have made. I will have to check out tis art challenge not for beads but sewing, may get me to move up a gear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this challenge, I will check next month again to see what they choose for inspiration :).

      Delete
  5. You have such an eye for colour. I could imagine her wearing this bracelet in the painting, it would suit her dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, I love this range of jewellery that you make. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete