Thursday 30 April 2020

Lockdown Sketchbook




Take the lockdown isolation, gorgeous weather and an eagerness to experiment with drawing flowers, my sketchbook started to look rather colourful these days. I am not doing it in the hope to transform the sketchings into paintings, but for capturing the flowers from my garden on a different media other than a photo. Not to mention the practising factor which I have been doing rather sporadically lately.



I have been lucky enough to get some spring flowers from a local garden centre before the closing. Also, some of last year's plants started to bloom to my surprise (as I didn't know what to expect when I got them last year). Gardening is still new to me, but I am enjoying every minute of it. Not to mention that it gives me a constant source of inspiration and an enjoyable activity, especially during these strange times.

I won't be showing you the real flowers because my sketches are far from perfect, but I quite like how they turned out.


"Starry Night" Primula


WIP - Primula


Photo styling


Can you see the model in the distance?


Lithadora


Lithadora - stylised 


Violas


Alpine flower 



No comments:

Post a Comment