Saturday 19 August 2017

Tackling the bridal market



Introduction - my story


I think I am the odd one as I never wanted to be a bride, I wasn't particularly keen on wedding dresses and I always imagined that if I did get married, I would wear trousers. Well, I got married in 2007 and yes, I wore trousers! Apart from my outfit which was a nightmare to find, I remember looking for suitable, unconventional jewellery and I couldn't find anything quirky at the time. I bought a pair of fresh water pearls earrings that I liked and I am still wearing sometimes, but looking back, I would have liked something else. Something handmade. Something arty.

What jewellery would you prefer on your wedding day?


A wedding outfit doesn't have to be an all white do, but it could have hints of other colours found in your colour theme and/or your flowers. And if you don't want to compromise on the dress, you can do it with your jewellery. This was my thinking process when I decided to tackle the bridal market and create some jewellery for brides, bridesmaids and, why not, for grooms and their best men - some quirky cufflinks could really stand out (don't worry, they won't have flowers). On the other hand, please don't be put off by the 'wedding' label - these jewellery pieces are not exclusive to this day as they are rather versatile.


What can I offer?


Arty jewellery in which I am using prints after my paintings.
Why? To be different and to own a piece of unique jewellery - wearable art as I like to call it.
For whom? Not limited to brides, grooms, bridesmaids and best men. If you like it, you can have it.
When? You can wear them on your most important day and any days after.
Where? Wedding day, parties and any other (special) occasions - feel free to add to the list.


Enjoy the showcase and let me know which one is your favourite.













8 comments:

  1. These are truly unique pieces and it's hard to pick the most beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope - I'm not getting married. Got the perfect husband and we married in 2012. Wore es dress (did wear trousers at my first wedding which turned out to be a nightmare) along with plain, unspectacular jewelry. Oooh, if only you had been around back then... It's absolutely gorgeous and I would find it terribly hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! The final pendant is my favourite but they are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is outside of the box thinking. I was a boring traditional bride but that was 29 years ago. haha! If I had to do it over again with the same man of course, I would choose a simple comfortable long dress and comfortable shoes. Yes the shoes did me in. As for the jewelry I kept it to a bare minimum. Your options are very pretty and nowadays we are not limited in what we can wear.

    ReplyDelete