Sunday 25 February 2018

Spring Flowers: Snowdrops and Daffodils


Snowdrops and daffodils are some of my favourite spring flowers and as I saw them everywhere, despite the cold weather, I wanted to immortalize them in painting so they could live forever. I had a few frames from Ikea, again, so I thought I would use the same method as in this project of painting on an unused canvas, cutting it and mounting it. The result is two mini paintings, perfect for Mother's Day, now available in my Folksy shop.  Next on the list: crocuses and irises, but in the meantime, enjoy the step by step photos. 















8 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, love them both but the snowdrops are my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are so pretty and what a great way to use what you have instead of buying new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've got another canvas that I am going to use for two spring paintings. And yes, I like to use what I've got.

      Delete
  3. Amazing paintings... Love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete