Sunday 15 April 2018

Display Cabinet Makeover



When I see a bargain in a charity shop, I can't help it but buy it; this is what happened with this display cabinet that I couldn't leave it in the shop knowing that it is only £40! Bought it, took it home and gave it a new life. My OH gave it a good sanding and I painted it with white chalk paint and blackboard chalk paint and I rather love the result. The placement of the cabinet is only temporary, so is the rug beneath and the blue sign on the wall (in case you are wondering why so many clashing colours). In situ photos to follow soon; in the meantime enjoy the 'making of' photos.


















12 comments:

  1. You did a marvellous job! It would have been too sad to leave the cabinet at the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theodora I love what you did with that old cabinet. It looks fresh and exciting and the chalkboard is a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I like the chalkboard too - the possibilities are endless with it (shopping lists, favourite recipes, to do lists, etc).

      Delete
  3. Wow you have really worked hard at this project and looks wonderful, so much better than the original wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't wait to find the right place for it in our new home :).

      Delete
  4. Wow, what a transformation, it looks fantastic. I love the blackboard paint idea! Came across chalk paint at the weekend, it has a wonderful matt look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I like the matt look, too. 😊

      Delete
  5. Fabulous! You've done a great job. The blackboard doors are a great idea. I love the chalk paint, although I have only painted a small set of steps with it so far (in Aqua).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My dream is to paint a whole wall with the chalkboard paint, but this is something yet to think about :).

      Delete
  6. So So lovely. I especially like the chalk board doors. This will be one of the features at next times Handmade Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete