Friday 8 June 2018

Summer Meadow in a Re-purposed Drum



I have started this project over a month ago in preparation for the patio of our new house. I love meadows and I have always dreamt to have one in our garden but we never had a proper garden, only patios. As I was looking for ideas of meadows in pots, I came across something similar on Pinterest and I thought I could try to plant a colourful meadow in a re-purposed drum that we had in our yard as a little coffee table.



I used teal exterior metal paint and the drips are intentional as well as the little imperfections. There aren't too many coloured flowers at the moment but there are a few yellow ones that will flower soon and more that have started to grow. I am hoping for the meadow to become more established in the coming months and years and I will come back with more photos.






6 comments:

  1. That looks beautiful what a wonderful idea. I have been looking for more recycled items to use as planters. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantástica idea!!

    Has encontrado un lugar perfecto para tus plantas... el color azul que has elegido es perfecto!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so pretty, I LOVE the bright blue you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, too; it is in our new patio now, more photos soon :).

      Delete