Friday 28 January 2022

Eclectic Style Art Studio in Devon

 



The first blog of the year is about yet another studio makeover. It is not a new one as I have done this last year, but I just didn't have the time to update my blog. 

I never thought I could pull off such a colourful decor without being over-the-top or kitsch. Not sure I managed to avoid these, but I really like how all the colours come together. This is how I actually imagined my studio from the very beginning but I just wouldn't dare to put all these colours together - blue, green, pink, yellow, and everything in between. 

What I learnt from decorating a room in so many colours: 

Have a neutral background - in my case, the carpet is beige/cream, the walls are white and there are warm wood accents to complete the neutral warm tones. I also have a brick wall that completes the look. It is so versatile as I can leave it as it is or I can hang my art or mood boards on it and it still looks cool. 



 Divide the room into different functions - I have my working desk, the sofa for resting, the area where I paint, and the storage areas. 



 Create a balance in terms of colours - I have 2 blue pieces of furniture in different areas, one green cabinet more or less opposite the niche that I painted in the same green shade, white storage furniture to add coherence.



 Play with primary, complementary, and secondary colours - I have one yellow accent chair next to my blue desk, a red striped runner in the green niche, dusty pink throw blanket on the sofa next to the green cabinet. 



 Use accent cushions to complete the look - the cushions are in various colours and patterns that go well with everything in the room and no matter where I place them, they will always add colours and coherence to the room. The same goes for the rugs placed in different areas. 



I hope you enjoyed the photos and you will get inspired to add more colour to your home, studio or working room. If unsure, start small and see where it's taking you. Don't be afraid to experiment and trust your own taste. 



2 comments:

  1. your studio looks really fab, a lovely place to be creative
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete