Sunday 6 February 2022

New Contemporary Floral Paintings using Palette Knives



Not sure if 2022 will be a change of direction for me, but the latest floral paintings are a bit different than my usual paintings. I still created my signature roses using think paint and a stick to create texture, but the artworks are made using mainly the palette knife technique. 

I have been inspired by interior design lately watching all these programs and youtube videos as we are planning to renovate our basement this spring. I would like to create a couple of paintings for our decor, so I have thought of what kind of paintings would look nice in our space. I am not an adept of artwork matching the sofa or the carpet so neither of the paintings that I have created would complement the colours we have, but all of them would definitely stand out beautifully, adding personality to the space. I really hope there are other people out there that feel the same and these still life pieces will find their new homes. 

Here are some step-by-step photos and a gallery with the finished paintings. Do you like them?   








No comments:

Post a Comment