Wednesday 20 April 2022

Easter 2022

 


Easter has just gone here in the UK but as I am originally from Transylvania (Romania), we celebrate Easter on a different day, normally a week later. But because I have been living in the UK for the past 17 years, we celebrate both Easters. Not to mention that this always falls around my husband's or my birthday thus making April a celebratory month in our household. Posting this blog between the two Easters and the two birthdays seems like a good fit. 

I like taking pictures of pretty things, from flowers in my garden to decorative items and colourful food. And it can't be Easter without naturally dyed eggs, babka, and hot cross buns. I have never made the latter before and I am truly happy how they turned out following this recipe from BBC Good Food. 

We had a lovely Easter last weekend with family and we will have another lovely Easter this weekend with friends. 

Festive eggs

I dyed real eggs with red and orange onion skin and turmeric. I really love the red and yellow combination and they look very festive on the Easter table. The cute chicken in the second photo is from Folksy seller Sew Hooliboo



Festive bake

Apart from hot cross buns, I have made chocolate babka and cheese palmiers. The latter is very versatile as you can buy puff pastry from the shop and fill it in with lots of combinations: soft chees and smoked salmon, green pesto and cheese, red pesto and ham, and even jam for a sweet version. Perfect finger food for parties and other events. 



Festive platter


There are two things on this platter that I haven't done before: deviled eggs and chicken roulade. For the first, I used avocado and egg yolk and for the latter, I used chicken liver, chicken breast, and thighs. Yummy!



The doily featured in most of the photos is made by my mother and I have recently added it to our table decor and it looks stunning! Thank you, everyone, for reading and I hope you enjoy the photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment