Friday 10 August 2018

Turning Green into Blue




I loved this chest of drawers in sea green but after moving into a new studio, I thought that a blue one would suit better the new decor, plus I wanted a change from that green that I had before (which I loved BTW!). When I posted a photo of it on Instagram and asked if blue would look better, a few people said yes. This was an easy project again, not just because the paint was perfect, but because the furniture was painted before so I didn't need to sand it and/or prime it. I could have even gotten away with just a coat, but I decided to apply the second one, especially as the chest of drawers wasn't painted everywhere. For this project, I have only used paint, brushes and clear wax and I got the perfect piece that stands out beautifully against the brick wall. Next project: grouting the brick - I really hope I can do it; any tips, anyone? 



The lovely sea green.


WIP plus my hair dipped in paint.


I love the knobs.


As you can see, the back of the furniture wasn't painted, nor the sides of the drawers and the legs. I did a better job this time as I had more patience. 


The lovely blue lagoon picks up the blue accents from the throw-over which was hand-woven by my late grandmother. 


Blue chest of drawers in situ. 


The knobs again plus you can see the gaps between the bricks so they definitely need grouting. 


The brick wall in all its splendor! 




8 comments:

  1. I loved it before and I would have thought no leave it, but after this seeing this I love this colour! It really stands out against the brick and goes so well with your art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it before too, but I just felt the need for a change and the colours in the room are different now. Thank you for stopping by :).

      Delete
  2. I love both colours but agree the blu pops in your new studio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chest of drawers looks fabulous with it's new coat of blue. I too love the different knobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I also painted the writing desk in the same colour, photos coming soon :).

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the vibrant blue. I'm enjoying so much seeing this beautiful room develop as you share more here and on IG. What a fabulous place to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; I enjoy decorating it but I have the feeling that it will be a never ending project :).

      Delete