Friday 1 February 2013

Will I ever be where the artists I admire are?


The Music of Nature by Teodora Totorean
When I started my artistic career, I used to look at other artists' work with huge admiration for what they were doing and for the journey they went through. I used to have doubts about my abilities and I used to try my hand at everything in order to find out what suits me best. Reading about what it is to be a professional artist, one of the conditions is to concentrate on one thing so you would develop your own recognisable style.

Two years later, I am still looking with admiration at other artists' work and I am still trying various techniques and themes so I am not sure if I do have a style yet. I was pleasantly surprised when this week I was approached by a nice lady, a fellow artist at the beginning of her artistic career, who was admiring my paintings and she wanted to tell me. I am so glad she did, as until then, I haven’t realised that my art could influence others that way.

"I would like to thank you for expressing yourself in your beautiful paintings and helping me to find a focus for my own. I feel I can make a beginning and hopefully I will find my niche. When I saw your paintings I said to myself, "That is what I want to do. That is the style I want!" these are her words. Thanks to people like her, I will continue on this path hopefully for a long time. I know I still have a long way to go, but I also started to feel that I might make it after all.

This is her blog post summarising beautifully our encounter in the virtual world of art: 



No comments:

Post a Comment