Wednesday 19 July 2023

Colourful Gift Boxes for Art Lovers and Crafters



I am happy to be back with some pretty gift boxes that I painted recently and I would love to share with you. I really enjoy painting these trinket boxes in different colours with various floral patterns and I always have a recipient in mind: gift for girls, gift for mums, gift for gardeners, gift for art lovers, gift for crafters, and many more. They are small-ish and cute and you can keep many items in them from jewellery and hair ties to sowing kits and seed packets. 

Now that I made the introduction, I also want to share with you why I haven't posted in a while. My Facebook account had been hacked last year and it's been blocked together with my Instagram. While my life is not online and I carried on with things as normal, I used to have so many followers and to get so much engagement from both FB and IG that after this event, I found it hard to pick myself up and start again from scratch. I focused more on my home and my day job and I put my art (hobby) aside together with all its social media. 



However, I created a new IG that does fairly well, a new FB that doesn't do so well and I am also tackling TikTok which is completely out of my comfort zone. I am slowly getting back out there with new makes so I am starting with these trinket boxes that used to do so well in my Etsy shop a few years ago. 

I get inspiration from my allotment, painting nigella flowers, daisies, and other wildflowers and I am experimenting with various styles, from more realistic to stylized. Some boxes have magnets and some have hinges; the first ones look like mini paintings and the latter look like little treasure chests. The response I had so far was very positive. 

Whether you choose to buy one from me or to paint your own, I like to inspire people to live a colourful life. 







Here is a TikTok video showing WIP process, I hope you enjoy watching it :). 

P.S

If you'd like to connect with me again, here are my new pages:

No comments:

Post a Comment